Wednesday, May 4

I love the smell of tea in the morning

I can't believe I'm actually sitting behind the screen, trying to organise my thoughts (luckily they're just a few of them) without getting dizzy or queasy. It's quite an achievement considering the state I'm in this morning... Yes, yes, I know it almost noon by this time but I just crawled out of my bed so it's a rainy morning for me!

It all started with my grandfather who turned 69 yesterday! Happy Birthday ol' chap!! And of course this was the cause for many celebrations (read: alcohol). I, who merely had cornflakes for breakfast and an orange (yum!) at two in the afternoon, had no hope in making it through the evening without making an utter fool of myself. It was a good thing that the whole family felt that way. Anyway when we got at my grandparents' house we set a good example by getting quite friendly with the bottles of champagne that were squeeing from the fridge shouting: 'pick me, I'm so delicious.' Since I'm a true champagne lover I didn't even count how many glasses I had while we were conveniently waiting for my aunt, uncle and cousin, the last one whom I hadn't seen in over two years. And of course when they did arrive, it was the cause of many cheer and exclamations, accompagnied by the consummation of more champagne... Talking gets one thirsty.

Then when we finally sat down at the table in the restaurant, more champagne ensued. Apparently my grandfather loves the number 69... Naturally we sang 'happy birthday' to him, terribly loud and off key, before we entered an evening of laughter, jibes, tales and more alcohol. I had white wine with supper, I faintly remember people around me drinking beer and rosé but it could've been a dream sequence too. Did my uncle fondle my grandmother or not? I can not handle more incest! Logically we had a lovely dessert and more importantly: a dégustif... Have I told you how much I love Amaretto?!

I have no idea how we got home safely (I'm surprised we left there at all) but a memory of singing along loudly with the radio comes to mind. Hmm... and I'm sure we didn't hit anything/one on the way either. Which leads me to today, this lovely drizzly morning, with an unbelievable craving for anything non-alcoholic liquids. So far I've had two cups of tea, orange juice, and I've finished the one liter water bottle I already started during the night. I'm shocked that my bladder hasn't gone to strike yet but if he knows what's good for him, he better behave. Going for an extra-long soak in the bathtub now (must refrain from drinking the water...hmm...bathfoam) *cough cough* Anyhoo, my apologies for any incohorent thoughts and bad spelling but... frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

1 comment:

Ratexla Kettleburn aka Yoze said...

go go go nonalcoholic drinks :D