Oh goody, I've been having problems uploading my page to create a post since yesterday, so I'm glad to have access to my own damn blog now! Not that I had anything interesting to mention yesterday, but still I've been wanting to typ here all day...
First of all, for the blogger who asked what was wrong with my foot...well, I'm not exactly sure what it is exactly because my doctor gave me the scientific explanation once...and basically I didn't understood a word of it but to cut it short, he has to treat this ailment with liquid nitrogen (uttter joy that one!) until it's completely gone... I've had it for about four years now and it always returned so that's why my doctor prescribed an 'extensive' treatment... meaning I have to back every three weeks while he applies the nitrogen. I don't know if you ever had a treatment with this chemical but I can tell you it's no picknick, especially from the second one on. You could compare it with holding a piece of very cold ice against your skin for a long time until it feels like it's burning...only about ten times worse.
But enough on the medical report and the consequential little limp I develop afterwards, I didn't get the chance to go to the bookstore yesterday but I have successfully executed my Wool Plan! Finally found my dark green and after pulling a Snape on the saleslady (who was very rude if I might add!) I got my silver/gray too! Woohoo...I can start the knitting any day now!
Then today I (finally!) went to get my book and lucky me, he was there!! Unfortunately the whole staff was there to re-stock the store and he was busy unpacking the books from the boxes, reading out the titles and commenting on them...so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Yet I was very...pleased to see and hear him again, nonetheless. I was surprised to see him wearing something else than black though (a red t-shirt this time) but the reason why I did almost burst out in giggles was because he was wearing...suspenders! (braces for the americanised amongst you). The fact that I thought it was cute shows how biased I've become... Anyway, I've never heard him talk that much (apparently he enjoys cycling) and despite the knowledge that had those two co-workers not been there; it would have been just the two of us, I'm looking forward to another visit soon (in serious need to stare in his beautiful blue eyes again!) Ordered another book already but I'll be there sooner most likely ;-) since I still need the first part of my Anne Rice trilogy about the Mayfair family!
Other good news? Why yes, indeed! I got an email notice: my copy of Rasputin is on the way! *does happy dance*
And now I'm off to bandage my finger...it started bleeding again. Dad and I killed one of our old hens this afternoon (she was eating all the eggs!) and clumsy as I am I cut myself when I was removing the skin. Thankfully it was just a shallow one but the dog has just scratched it open in her enthusiastic response...
Thursday, April 21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hehe you must be really biased ;) ..hmm maybe i should order my books through you to help the cause :)
Foot thing sounds icky..
Hihi, I know! Of all the things it just had to be suspenders! Although they gave me a very droolworthy view from behind...
Am so totally biased! *shakes head*
Foot thing is currently mostly painful...if you'd see my hobbling you'd be laughing your ... off.
Post a Comment