Monday, February 12

Combined effort

Hi!!

I hope everyone had exciting holiday cheer all the way back in december and that everyone had a great new year! Does anyone have the same feeling that when one gets older every year seems to fly by faster and faster?? God knows I do! I bet this will be another year where I will look back in March and come to a shockingly conclusion that a) I forgot AR's b-day once more, b) I forgot my niece's and aunt's b-day as well (again) which is of course even worse than point a. And of course there will be the undeniable fact that I'm so close to adding one year to my account. This year it will all add up to the magical number '25'. Sounds wonderful! Halfway to thirty! (No, mustn't think about that!!!) =)

Although I must say that for the first time in years I finally 'feel' my age, which I suppose isn't all that bad considering that I'm married (who would have thought!?! - I could have made serious money out of that one!!), we just signed all the necesaary papers for our loan, our new kitchen will be installed in March, just around the time we will be picking up our new car from the garage.
But most importantly (and scary I might add!) I'm feeling overwhelmingly responsible due to the simple fact that I'm pregnant... Yes, you read that correctly: in July I'll be watchting Order of the phoenix on the 13th, have a baby around the 19th and read the Deathly Hallows on the 21st. Quite a busy month don't you think?
I'm in my 17th week now and before you ask: it's just one baby (my dad got the idea it would be twins... as if!) and no, I don't know whether it will be a boy or girl. A month ago it was too early to tell and now I'll have to wait until 20 March. But I'm not sure if I want to know what it will be... I would hate to have everyone pestering me around about telling them, which I'm sure they'll do if they would know we know. Anyway, last time we could see the baby was doing very well and now I can sometimes feel its movement so I suppose that's a good sign as well. And frankly, I don't really know what I would want it to be... at first I was all for a boy but now I just don't know... For some idiotic reason my family have bets going on and so far according to them I'll have a girl and my niece will have a boy. (Yes, I beat my niece with exactly a month so it'll be a babyboom in my family this year...)
Anyhoo, all suggestions for possible names will be welcomed, of course! (And no, Alan or Severus are not an option (pity!): my husband would never let that one slip by!)

So the next months will be rather busy but I'll try to update frequently (still no internet, shame on me!) with my wonderous adventures as an almost-mum. And if there are a few things I've picked up so far it's:
a) morning sickness doesn't only mean 'in the morning', it's the whole damn day...
b) luckily morning sickness passes after a few weeks
c) drinking tea is not my cup of tea anymore, then again throwing up isn't my kind of thing either so I can live with it
d) you have to enroll in day-care before you even get pregnant
e) having children is horendously expensive! The smaller the child the higher the prices...
f) that I could do with one of those Remembralls: when one takes out the keys and forgets where they are 3 seconds later = definitely pregnant
g) some future grandmothers (cough.my mother.cough) are overwhelmingly excited
h) bigger breasts don't necessary mean better breasts... More sensitive, yes. Better, no.

Well, that's all for now folks, gotta get back to work!

See you soon!
Sarah
xxxxx

2 comments:

Lo said...

*drops jaw* ..and you glared at me when i said id be back in a year to say hello to a baby ;)
i guess congrats are in order :D *cheer*
you'lll have to be more sneaky ;) a george, david or brandon perhaps... girls names are just to tricky to think abt :)

we've got a trick btw, mum uses it for the horses.. take you wedding ring on a chain and let it dangle over the baby - well stomach - it it goes in a cirkle its a girl, and if it goes from side to side a boy...

Ratexla Kettleburn aka Yoze said...

8O hehe, OMG! Well, better you than me I s'pose ;B
Sooooo, does hubby know the rickman's middle names? :q